Mo lives and breathes sports, it's kind of disturbing...
Bringing you everything Cincinnati Sports.
A lifelong Bengals fan. God help her.
She's a woman with opinions
The latest Hollywood dirt
|Eddie & Tracy
Did you know Tracy played on 5 major league teams?
MO' Favorite Links
MO' Favorite Links
I will gladly accept bribery to put your site on this list.
My favorite site. Not for those easily offended.
This is a great NBA blog. The NBA (National Basketball Association) is a professional men's basketball league, consisting of 29 American teams, and one Canadian team. It was founded in 1946. Cincinnati used to have a team. I wish it did now.
Better Off Red
Jamie Ramsey is the Assistant Media Relations Director of the Reds. He takes you behind the scenes of a Major League team. And he writes funny captions for his photos.
Plenty of scenery and funny stuff on Big Smudge. I'll be honest, these guys told me they were fans of my show, and even if they didn't mean it, that gets them linked.
Bugs and Cranks
If it's about baseball, these guys usually have something to say about it. And it's usually funny.
Booze, Ladies, and Football.
Calling It Like It Is
A guy from Cincinnati, who uh, well he calls it like it is.
Chris Sabo's Goggles
A Reds fan stuck in Chicago does a blog. He says the purpose of the blog is to inform people of the Reds without the geeky stuff, like facts for example. My kind of guy.
You're probably thinking this website is about me. Actually, it's not.
Local college basketball blog by two guys...one a UC fan, the other an XU fan.
The Godfather of sports blogs.
My favorite baseball blog. I thought I loved the game, then I read these guys.
Stuff guys like. At least stuff normal guys like.
Hugging Harold Reynolds
Very funny sports blog with one of my favorite names.
John Clay's Sidelines
John is an outstanding writer who covers everything and anything UK-related.
Larry Brown Sports
The other Larry Brown, not the guy who's coached half the teams in the NBA.
Look At Me Shirts
Be the guy in the ironic shirt. Take credit for someone else's joke.
Mo Egger's Blog
Did you really think my blog wouldn't be on a list of "favorites?"
Do you like mind-numbing statistical analysis of the Reds? Do you treat every game like the fate of the world rests on it? This site is probably not for you.
Most negative man in America. And I usually agree with him.
Pro Football Talk
Not daily, but almost hourly reading for NFL fans.
Everything and anything Reds...and more, by Reds fans.
Rush The Court
The Ubiquitous college basketblog.
A little UK, a little Louisville. A lot of funny.
Anything and everything hoops.
A Cincinnati guy based in Vegas. What I'd write if I could write.
Because some things can't be taught.
I admit, I'm a geek.
Who Dey Revolution
No site better captures the frustration of being a Bengals fan better than this one. Fan empowerment at its best.
1) Dwight Howard's jacket. Maybe with that max contract he'll get this offseason, he'll be able to afford something a little less awful.
Be thankful that I'm not going to begin my blog with other NBA thoughts, as they'd be profanity-laden and would include several unfair attacks on members of a certain NBA team that laid a total turd against the second-best team in the Eastern Conference last night. It's better for everyone if we just move on.
2) Tonight is not a must-win game for the UC Bearcats. It only feels like it. A loss to Connecticut would not submarine the season, and it would not destroy their NCAA Tournament chances, but at some point, if only to stave off the notion that the season is slipping away. The bracket dorks seem to think that they're okay, but at some point, these guys need to reel off a few wins. A couple of more losses before some wins by a team that's played .500 ball since 12/27, and we that NCAA bid we've taken for granted for months could, I repeat: could, be in jeopardy.
Which means at some point, UC could face a must-win, or a near must-win. This team is too moody, too inconsistent, and too offensively flawed for me to trust them right now in a high-stakes, absolute must-win scenario. Any more losses and this team could be in a position that no Bearcat fan would be comfortable with them being in.
UC has an advantage tonight: UConn is a terrible rebounding team. But how much will that be negated by another poor shooting night for UC, both from the line and from behind the arc? That question highlights a problem: that UC might indeed go into every game with a sufficient advantage in one or two key areas, but they can get negated by their consistently inconsistent offense. If that happens tonight, their March margin for error, which was once very wide, could shrink just a little more.
We're watching the game tonight at the Holy Grail Banks. Join us for bucket beer specials, giveaways from Hometown Sports and Collectibles, and more. One more time, here's the artwork....
3) No Johnny Cueto in the World Baseball Classic. I understand why Johnny would want to represent his country. I understand why any player would want to break up the monotony of a seven-week spring training, but Johnny Cueto the baseball play, first and foremost, is an investment, a commodity the Reds have at least $17 million invested in, and one who is a cornerstone to the team's success this season. The Reds' desire to have him not play doesn't necessarily say anything about his health. It says everything about how they wish to protect a very, very important investment.
4) The first spring training game is tomorrow. Who isn't happy about this? The first Cactus League game also means we'll get Dusty Baker's first lineup tomorrow. It's been months since Dusty Lineup Guy has had a starting nine to lose their minds over. Giving them a lineup to pick through tomorrow will be like driving me through a McDonald's drive-thru and stopping at the menu: I know I shouldn't spend much time perusing it, but I will. (I gave up fast food for lent)
Can we make a deal? Can we get through March without our heads exploding over the lineup for games that don't count? Maybe try to extend this to the first week of the season? Late April? May? The first 40 games?
I know, I know, some of the lineups don't make sense. And yes, the fun part of being a baseball fan is second-guessing the manager, but admit it, combing through every single lineup gets a little fatiguing, no? Let's pace ourselves, and get really, really mad when the lineups are egregiously bad, not when a certain player gets a day or when another gets moved down a spot or two.
5) This is why I love John Calipari. With his team reeling, the season spiraling out of control, and sufficient questions being asked about how a team this talented could play hat poorly last week, he has his team play dodge-ball.
I know, stodgy old-school Bob Knight-wannabe probably cringes at the thought of a team that just got whacked by 30 points doing anything but puking after being forced to run the bleachers, but Calipari's tactic worked. Their win didn't come easy, but UK played as loose as they have all season last night, in beating Vanderbilt. More important, it showed what makes Calipari as good as anyone. The guy has a great feel for his teams, and what works for them. His team clearly needed to loosen up, and except for the nanny-state overlords who do things like ban the game, every one likes dodge-ball, and nothing builds camaraderie or loosens a team up like 30 minutes or so heaving balls at one another.
-As a career bench-warmer, I am highly-qualified to make a video like this. Patty Mills of the Spurs beat me to it....
-We're going to have Chris Herrell on the show today at 5:04. Chris is a Reds employee who was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer. His only hope is for bone marrow transplant. Find out if you're the match and the person who can save his life, at an event tomorrow at Great American Ballpark. There's all the info you need right here.
-Indy man gets drunk, steals Wal-Mart scooter, gets arrested, takes mugshot.
-Aaaaaand this is why the daughter I'll never have will not be going to college.
-More today as we get set for today's radio show on ESPN1530. If my high school gym teacher sees this, she'll cream herself....